Thursday, November 15, 2007

And the award for oddest casting...

For those who aren't in the know, Southland Tales is the new movie from writer/director Richard Kelly (the man who gave the world Donnie Darko). It stars Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Justin Timberlake, and half the cast of Saturday Night Live (past and present). The film looks really interesting and really out there, but the cast has me mesmerized,...and I'm not sure if it's in a good way.

I like Sarah Michelle Gellar; she's done some good work. Even though Johnson proved himself to be a decent actor in Be Cool as well as The Game Plan, I still am a little wary of his dramatic skills. Then there's throwing these two in the mix with a lot of SNL people, and I mean A LOT. You could play a drinking game with this trailer. Take a shot every time you see a SNL alum.

Watch the trailer, and let me know what you think. (That means you have to actually leave me comments!)

For the HD version, click here.

Southland Tales Official Trailer



1 comment:

k8 said...

Y'know, I think I saw 4 SNL alums...my big HEE HEE's came with Beth Grant and Miranda Richardson. I love them. Oh! And John Larroquette. Hahhah...wait, WALLACE SHAWN is in it!?!?!? WOOOO!!!!

It looks interesting, in kind of an eye-rolling way. I generally don't like end-of-the-world movies...they tend to come across to me as "preachy"...but there have been exceptions (i.e. 12 Monkeys)...so I'm game. I did enjoy Donnie Darko, odd as it was.